Saturday, April 25, 2020

Living on the Edge of Mandatory Quarantine


People have been wearing masks for years and all of a sudden for their health governments across this earth are requesting us all to wear one more; and it seems like "chicken little" all over again.  Honestly, should we feel like the sky is caving in?  Like we are loosing control over what little we had?

So many have asked me what is like overseas right now....I think honestly our playing fields have been leveled in many aspects--we all have to figure out how to keep focused on our purpose.  Many things that seemed important no longer hold much value when we evaluate our realities.  There are so many things I think we all could dismiss and rid of our lives----So here's my current story.

Back in February I awoke from a very strange dream; the message lead me to have no peace about an upcoming trip to the states from March 9th thru 23rd; I just had no peace about going.  It was enough to catch my attention and for my heart to be obedient to this inclination pounding inside my thoughts and I canceled the trip that I was very much looking forward; and boy am I grateful that I listened.



TRANSLATION: LOVE THOSE CLOSE


In the beginning of March I was making plans to travel from Lithuania to Poland for a conference, March 4-8,  it was a simple excursion and I was checking with my parents about how they felt about the trip since I was hearing trinklings about a virus affecting southern Europe but was sprawling northward towards us.   One parent, said, "i'm sorry I can't let my son go"--she was a medical professional and very much felt it was not safe to go.....this honestly got my attention to dig further up and down our pipeline of safety.  I'm so grateful for my friend Asta, I heard her; however the rest of us went ahead with the journey.  I will say my decision making each day was based on what "Asta" had to say.

I adjusted our social participation and we left a day early heading back to Lithuania.  Upon arriving home, I had to instruct my kids to choose to "isolate themselves for 14 days"  Since we just returned from a conference that involved people from 40 different nations---"Living on the Edge".  Every day during our fifteen day countdown we prayed and prayed that none of us would have signs of illness nor that we would not infect others.  My oldest girl, Erika remained with me during this isolation; then the government implemented Mandatory Quarantine. 

It is currently April 25th, 2020 and we just received word that Lithuania was extending the quarantine til May 11, 2020.  More than likely most of us believe this quarantine will continue til mid summer.  Which lead to some very difficult phone calls to cancel US teams that were committed to come this summer.  In addition, in August I had some personal travels scheduled and more than likely these too will be cancelled.  So...one asks how has COVID 19 affected my life?

Just like you brother....same as you my dear friend.  I do find comfort in the truth that this virus does not nor did not take God by surprise so cling to him.  Honor those in authority of our lands and be a wise witness during these difficult times.  Maximize the tools we do have to advance the Gospel.

We are finding the treasures of the electronic evangelism and I'm surely learning more about the editing aspect--poor folks that have to live through my "learning curve".  Kidz Lithuania is recording new messages that hopefully will relate to young people and we have opened up our Youtube Channel.    Currently myself along with my youth leadership team are praying right now on how to pursue this summer with effective ministry.   Please join us in prayer as we are praying for each one of you to have the same experience as you serve Jesus! 


No comments:

Post a Comment